Friday, February 27, 2009

The Village

A few snaps from my last trip to my village (Kerala), about 400 miles from Bangalore.














Thats the way to my village once where my ancestors lived .....













An old temple near village; a very good example of bio-diversity and it shows the importance of peaceful co-existence of all living beings. They are called 'Kaavu'. In and around this temple, there are variety of birds, insects and small creatures including snakes. The villagers feed them daily a share of their own 'daily bread'. Even at the midst of summer the premises of this temple stay cool with plenty of water all around.....














Way to my ancestral home........... (which unfortunatley got demolished about a couple of decades back)














The beautiful 'village moon' at night :-)














one of the oldest hanging bridges in India (1877) constructed by the Dedicated British Engineers, still standing tall. The Government has converted it into a monument and is preserved and well protected till today. And the best part is, it was in use till a decade ago.














Does this place remind you of your childhood and the jungles of some fairy tale that you read ??? This is about 20 miles from the village.














A few minutes after the clouds above 'cried'; so that the farmers down on earth 'smiled'.
A train shot on the way to native.














Another shot from train.....














A 'family get-together' when i shed a bit of my breakfast on the floor. Shot taken in a friend's house in village.














These are places seen while travelling by bus.....














When the bus pass by a Tea Estate.......














another one...................














Just after the Tea Estates...bus coming down the hill..............












That is one of Grandpa's treasures......

Hope you all enjoyed the time spent and liked my village..............will get you more in the next visit.......

And we will be conducting many interesting events in Bangalore in the next few months. Will update you on it in the coming days.......................
Take Care...........

7 comments:

Vancouver, Canada said...

Awesome pics!!! Thanks for the Insight into your lovely picturesque city!!! Absolutely Beautiful!

Greener Bangalore said...

Thanks a lot Vancouver!

Heather said...

I definately enjoyed your photo's :o). A few of them sweep me into another place where it's warm and spiritual; a place to rest and reflect. Very nice eye.

The ants didn't do that for me though :o)

I'm looking forward to your next round of photos.

Anonymous said...

hello!thanks for following my blog! i have a tag for you at motherthoughts. hope you can drop by one of these days to get it! good luck!

Josephine said...

Thank you for the tour of your Village. I loved it!
-Alex

Michael said...

Hello Greener Bangalore, Thank you for your interest in my blog and appreciation for my work, I will strive to do better.

Life on Pause said...

I loved the pictures and the insight to your history and heritage. Thanks for sharing!

~Bri

Indolence is a delightful but distressing state; we must be doing something to be happy. Action is no less necessary than thought to the instinctive tendencies of the human frame.